Planning Commission Board April 27, 2017
_____________________Posted: April 19, 2017__________________
The Town of Shields and Plan Commission
Will meet on
April 27, 2017
At Clerks Home
N1662 Wood Road
- Old Business
- Welcome New Members
- Updated Plan Commission Books
- New Business
- Julie & Mark Klusken agents for Wayne and Joann May
Letter of Intent Notification and Conditional Use Permit.
TOWN OF SHIELDS
NOTICE OF MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Open Book of the 2017 Assessment Roll for the Town of Shields will be available for review. On Wednesday, May 4, 2017 at the Emmet Town Hall, W6777 Second Street, Watertown, WI. From 2pm-4pm. This is the time for any property owners having questions about their assessments to meet with the assessor; P. Joseph Plasil for the Town of Shields. STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Shields, Dodge County
BOARD OF REVIEW
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Shields, Dodge County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on June 26, 2017, from 6-8pm., at the Emmet Town Hall. The first meeting is scheduled for June 12, 2017 will be called to order and adjourned. Assessments will not be done in time for June 12, 2017.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view the property.
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the board.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor’s manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Shields has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court.* The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. stats.
- The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 19h day of April 2017.
Susan Johnson-Clerk Town of Shields
The Town of Shields Plan Commission
Will meet on April 27, 2017
At Clerk’s Home N1662 Wood Road
FOR THE PURPOSE OF:
Julie and Mark Klusken, agents for Wayne and Joann May for a Conditional Use Permit under the Land Use Code, Dodge County, WI to allow for the creation of an approximate 1.5-acre nonfarm single family residential lot within the A-1 Prime Agricultural Zoning District. The property is located in part of the NW ¼ of the SW ¼, Section 24, Town of Shields, the site address being N1059 Rich Road. A copy of the proposed project is available for review in the clerks’ office.
(One or more Town of Shields Board members may be present but no action will be taken.)
Posted: April 19, 2017- Clerk Susan Johnson