Town of Shields
Dodge County, Wisconsin
Town Board May 8, 2023
_____________________________________Posted: May 3, 2023
Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Treasurers Report
- Pay Monthly Bills
a. DCLR & PD and Parks Committee DCBS Public Hearing-Amendments
b. DCLR & PD McFarlandale Dairy, Livestock housing facility
c. DCLR & PD Sean Thomas, Fence
a. Watertown & Waterloo Fire Dept. monthly reports.
b. Dodge County Unit Meeting
c. Roadside Clean-up
d. BOR Training
e. Road Review
- Old Business
- New Business
a. DCLR & PD Hernke, Building New Home
b. DCLR & PD Stilling, Minor Land Division & Land Use Permit
- Public Comment
- Next month’s meeting date June 12, 2023, 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Board Meeting April 10, 2023 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil, Kyle Wollitz.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the report as read and seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor McFarland made a motion to pay monthly bills and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried.
a. DCLR & PD sent a Letter of Intent Minor Land Division & Conditional Use Form for Dennis Stilling for a one-acre land split with the home at W7884 Wood Road. DCLR & PD also sent a Conditional Use Permit notification for Dale and Nancy Hernke to build a home at W7932 Walton Rd. Both will be laid over until May 8, 2023 allowing the Plan Commission to meet on April 27, 2023 at 7pm at the Emmet Town Hall. Noted by the board.
b. The Wisconsin Towns Association (WTA) sent notice to Town Officials for the Dodge County Unit Meeting. Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 7:30pm at the Dodge County Administration Building in Juneau. Noted by the board.
c. Board of Review training has changed. Now one board member must be trained each year and it cannot be the same board member. In 2023 Kyle Wollitz will do the Virtual Board of Review Training on May 1, 2023 at 6:30pm. Noted by the board.
a. The Watertown Rural Fire Department for February 2023 was 0-Fire, 1-EMS call, no MVA & no HAZCON calls. The Waterloo Fire Department report for February 2023 was not available at the meeting time.
- Old Business-None to report.
- New Business.
a. “Catalis Tax & CAMA, Inc.” (formerly Grota Associates) the company that will be taking over the Assessments after P. Joseph Plasil retires July 1, 2023. For the
- maintenance of assessment records and application of use value for 2023-2025 each year costing the township; 2023-$1800, 2024-$4500 and 2025-$4500. Next year 2024 is the year in which the township will update the township with a revaluation of all real and personal property. The cost will be spread out over 2023-2025 paying $2000 each year along with the annual fee. Supervisor McFarland made a motion to accept Catalis Tax & CAMA, Inc to take over as the Town of Shields, Dodge County assessment record keeping beginning July 1, 2023, and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried, all were in favor.
- b. The Watertown Izaak Walton League applied for seven picnic permits for the following dates at the Barry Road address: April 23, May 21, June 11, July 16, August 20, September 17, and October 15, 2023. Chairman Jones made a motion to accept the permits and dates requested and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carries all were in favor.
- c. The annual road review by the board will be done on Saturday, April 29, 2023, Supervisors will meet at Chairman Jones home.
a. Roadside Cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2023@ the Transfer Site. Come and pick up garbage bags, a bottle of water and a cookie from 11-2pm.
b. The Annual Meeting of the Electors will be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 7pm at the Emmet Town Hall. All are invited to attend.
c. Open Book for the Town of Shields will be held on Monday, May 15, 2023 from 5-7pm, at the Emmet Town Hall. If you would like to discuss your taxes, please contact the clerk to set up a time. Or you can stop in and wish Assessor Joe well in his retirement.
d. Board of Review will be held on Monday, June 5, 2023 from 5-7pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
- Public Comment-none to report.
- Next month’s meeting date; May 8, 2023 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor McFarland called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:59pm and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried, all were in favor. Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson
for Bids 2023
Town of Shields
Dodge County, Wisconsin
The Town of Shields is seeking bids for
road maintenance in 2023 as follows:
Seal Coating certain roads and Slurry
Seal. Submit price per mile on a 20-foot-wide surface. Include a description of
materials and quantities to be applied.
Asphalt Wedging parts of certain roads.
Submit a price per ton applied and include a description of material and
quantities to be used.
Contact Chairman Neale Jones at
920-261-4386 regarding roads being considered.
Sealed Road Bids submitted for The Town
of Shields by Monday, June 12, 2023
Board Meeting @ 7pm at the Emmet Town
Hall, W6777 Second Street Road Watertown, WI 53098.
The scope of the project will be
determined by our budget. The Town Board will select projects based on need, cost
effectiveness and most benefit to the Town. The Town Board will reserve the
right to refuse any or all bids.
Susan Johnson, Clerk
May 3, 2023