Board Meeting September 11, 2017 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
3. The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Long to accept the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
4. The monthly bills were read by Clerk Johnson, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried.
a. Notice of a Public Hearing was sent, scheduled for Monday, October 2, 2017 at 7:05pm at the Dodge County Administration Building. Two amendments are being proposed to Map 8-2, Future Land use Map of the Dodge County Comprehensive Plan.
Noted by the board.
b. DCLR & PC sent notice of an approved Land Use Permit for Daryl & Tiffany Peirick for a new home on N568 Barry Road. Noted by the board.
a. The Watertown Fire Department Responses to the Town for July were 1 EMS calls. Noted by the board. The Waterloo Fire report was not available at meeting time.
7. Old Business;
a. The Dodge County Highway Commission sent the Annual Maintenance Agreement for the TOS, the retainer fee for 2017-2018 will be $750.00 per mile x 28.65 miles = $21487.50. Supervisor Long made a motion to accept the 2017-2018 Annual Maintenance Agreement from DCHC and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion carried all were in favor. The board discussed what might we do if the DCHC would ever not be willing to plow the township roads, at this time no resolution to the discussion.
8. New Business;
a. DCLR & PD sent notification of a Public Hearing to be held on October 2, 2017 for Michael Henneberry, on rezoning approximately 171 acres of land from the A-2 General Agricultural Zoning District to the A-1 Prime Agricultural Zoning District under the Land Use Code, in order to allow the owners to be eligible to participate in the Farmland Preservation program. The Plan Commission met on August 24, 2017 for discussion and made a motion to make an approval recommendation to the Town Board. After a short discussion, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to Approve Michael Henneberry’s rezoning request and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Approved. All were in Favor.
b. The WTA 70th Annual Convention will be held in Stevens Point on October 8-10.
Joe Plasil will be attending on behalf of the Board.
a. The Budget Meeting for the Town Board is scheduled for October 24, 2017 at 7pm at the clerks home.
10. Public Comment-
a. None to report.
11. Next month’s meeting date; October 9, 2017 at 8:03pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Chairman Jones called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:32pm and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk