Board Meeting September 10, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil. Tony Peirick, John Brychell.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Long to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to except the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Long made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried.
- Advanced Disposal sent an email about quoting our recycling needs. Julie Gross would be the contact. The clerk will contact her for a bid.
- The State of WI Department of Administration sent an email that the State has Contracts which are available to Local Governments for things such as; Janitorial Supplies, Light Duty Trucks, Hazardous Waste Services, Prescription Safety Glasses, Electrical & Plumbing Supplies, etc.
- The Waterloo Fire Reports for the month of August 2018. There were no runs to the township. Watertown Fire Report was not available at meeting time.
- The Bridge Inspection Report for 2018 was done on April 26, 2018. The Cold Spring Creek Bridge is due for a brush cutting, and sealing of joints. New chip seal was noted on roadway. All else was up to standards.
- Old Business;
- Supervisor Johnson presented a graph to the Board that he put together through the collective response to ATV/UTV proposals. Supervisor Johnson made a motion to discontinue any further work or discussion on the ATV/UTV Ordinance, Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried. All were in favor. After the motion Supervisor Long commented that the Ordinance can be rescinded if the Ordinance became a problem. Chairman Jones commented that he had spoken with Randy Soldner that the townships north and south of the Town of Shields are approving ATV Ordinances. Supervisor Johnson made a comment that 1-as a duty to my job the results are clear, that more people do not want the ATV/UTV’s on the town roads, 2-there is no compelling benefit to the town, 3- I do not care what the other townships are doing, we should do what is right for the Town of Shields.
- New Business-None to report.
- Joe Plasil and Tony Peirick will attend the WTA Convention in October 14-16, 2018 in Steven’s Point.
- Public Comment-None.
- Next month’s meeting date; October 8, 2018 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
- Chairman Jones called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:40pm and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk