Board Meeting May 14, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:04pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Long to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried.
- Dodge County State of WI, sent the yearly Emergency Management for Chairman Jones to sigh to keep us enrolled in the program. Noted by the board.
- The WTA sent notice of their new provider for town websites and how to contact them if needed for a fee. Noted by the board.
- The Department of Safety and Professional Services sent a letter letting us know that we have no serious injuries to the township for the year 2017. Noted by the board.
- Waste Management emailed the clerk of the NEW implementation of CLEAN RECYCLING it comes from when non-recyclable items (contamination) ends up in the recycling dumpsters, they have the potential to turn the entire load into trash, resulting in contamination and additional processing and disposal costs. Under these new terms the Township may be assessed contamination charges of up to $69 per yard. We are asking if you have any questions contact any board member or ask Fr. Anthony at the Transfer Site. Thank you.
- Waterloo Fire Department sent the April Activity Report, no runs were reported to the Town of Shields. The Watertown Rural Fire Department sent notice of the calls for March; 1 EMS, 1 HAZCON and for April; 1 Fire calls were reported. Noted by the board.
- Old Business;
- The ATV/UTV Ordinance has been tabled a bit more information needs to be gathered before a final decision is made.
- New Business;
- Bruce and Stacy Bratz had approached the TOS Planning Commission on April 26, 2018 for their recommendation to the Town Board. The new home would be built on 5 acres at W8081 Wood Road. Sandee Match made a motion to recommend in favor to the town board in favor of the Minor Land Division, Harold Peckham seconded. On a motion by Harold Peckham to recommend to the town board in favor of the Conditional Use Permit and Sandee Match seconded. Motions carried, all were in favor. Tonight the Town Board had a discussion with Bruce Bratz and Dennis Stilling on the applications. After much discussion Supervisor Johnson made a motion to accept both the Minor Land Division and the Conditional Use Permit to DCLR &PD and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried all were in favor.
- Salaries and Election Workers pay was brought up at the Annual Meeting. Discussion too place and the increases were discussed per board member. It was good to have public input, this year when the Budget Hearing is held the salaries and election pay will again be discussed and voted on at that time.
- The clerk will publish the road bids ad in the newspaper soon, to be opened at the July 9, 2018 Town Board Meeting.
- The Town of Emmet will again be doing our 1st cutting.
- Public Comment;
- Flooding on First Street was discussed when there is heavy down pours it flood the neighbor’s yard from the over flowing ditch. Noted by the board.
- Next month’s meeting date CHANGE will be June 18, 2018, at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Johnson called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:39pm and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk, Susan Johnson