Board Meeting July 9, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
The Board meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the report as read, and seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
The monthly bills were read by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried.
- Dodge County Highway Commission sent the 2018-2019 Winter Maintenance Agreement for a cost of $21,487.50. Supervisor Johnson made a motion to accept the 2018-2019 Municipal Maintenance Agreement and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried. Discussion took place on the balance of the 2017-2018 MMA which is $8626.29 which will be used up before October 31, 2018 expires.
- Chairman Jones also reported that Tanker #2 had new tires put on this month.
- The June Rural Fire Department reports that there was 1 MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident in the Town of Shields. No report was available at meeting time from the Waterloo Fire Department.
- Discussion to place about having Andy Fincutter do some tree trimming and culvert repair in the Township. Noted by the board.
- Dodge County-State of Wisconsin Office of Emergency Management sent the Update- April thru June 2018. Noted by the board.
- The WTA, Town Officers Meeting for Dodge County will be attended by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Long & Johnson.
- Old Business;
- ATV/UTV Ordinance remains on the agenda.
- New Business;
- DC Highway 2018-2019 Winter Maintenance Agreement was discussed above.
- There will be a Fall Partisan Primary on August 14, 2018. Polls will open at 7am and close at 8pm. You may register at the polls on Election Day bring a current drivers and a proof of address. Absentee voters can call the Clerk at 920-261-7154 to vote ahead of the Election.
- The Clerk will purchases 4 used Voting Booths for the Town of Shields at a total cost of $200.
- Public Comment-
- None to report.
- Next month’s meeting date; August 13, 2018, at 7pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Johnson called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:03pm and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk