Board Meeting April 9, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil, Betty May, Diane Buedler, Sharon Buedler, Gary Tenui, Terry Selhaus, Randy Soldner Bill Bloska, John Bbrychell, Bob Krig, Rod Sell, Laura Planer, Mitch Drunosky, Richie Hansen, Chris Leischer, Kathy Kassube, Carol Berner, George Schilling, Charmaine Plasil, Stacie & Bruce Bratz, Tony Peirick, Steve Yohn, Gary Sell, George Schluter, Lori Grabske, Jeff Berres, John Liechty, Susan & Ed Kileen, Joey Neuton, Jami Newton, Roger Leischer, Louis Strupp, Harold Peckham, Ron Schultz, Sandee & Joel Macht, Branden Zastrow, Deb & Brent Carlson, Paul & Susan Radtke, Scotty May, Dennis Stilling.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were read by the Supervisor Long, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Long made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried.
- DCLR & PD sent notice of several Legislative Acts were passed into law in 2017 which affected the County Codes and Ordinances. The proposed amendments to the Dodge County Shoreland Protection Ordinance and DC Floodplain Ordinance are necessary in order to ring the County’s regulations into compliance enacted laws. Public hearings for the proposed amendments will be held on April 16, 2018 at 7:05pm. Copies of the proposed amendments to the County Codes are below;
Land Use Code: http://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/home/showdocument?id=26220
Shoreland Ordinance: http://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/home/showdocument?id=26222
Floodplain Ordinance: http://www.co.dodge.wi.gov/home/showdocument?id=26218
Noted by the board.
- Dodge County Highway Commission sent notice of the balance on the Winter Maintenance Agreement is $12,203.60, which will need to be used by October 30, 2018. Noted by the board.
- There will be an officers meeting for the DC Unit WTA on April 18, 2018 at 7:30pm. At the Administration Building in Juneau. Noted by the board.
- Waterloo Fire Department sent the 2018 January and February Activity Report, no runs were reported to the Town of Shields. The Watertown Rural Fire Department for 2018 February had 2- Fire, 1- EMS and 1- MVA calls.
- Old Business;
- ATV/UTV Ordinance Discussion went very well. Many opinions’ were expressed in a very professional way. A number of town residents turned out and non-town residents stated either why they were in favor of having some of the roads open to ATV/UTV use, or why they were not in favor for ATV/UTV’S to be allowed on town roads. The clerk had also received many emails and letters from town residents. The board will review and discuss at the next board meeting. No final decision was made tonight. A huge Thank You to all who expressed their opinions whether thru email, mail or in attendance tonight.
- New Business;
- DCLR & PD sent notice for a Minor Land Division and Conditional Use Permit Application of Franklin Lehman agent for Sandra Sykes under the Land Use Code Dodge Count, WI to allow for the creation of an approximate 3-acre nonfarm single family residential lot within the A-1 Prime Agricultural Zoning District. The property is located in the part of the SW ¼ of the NW ¼, Section 35, Town of Shields, the site address being N358 Barry Road. Discussion and review of the Certified Survey Map and land maps. Supervisor Johnson made a motion to accept the Minor Land Division and Conditional Use Permit Application for Sandra Sykes, Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried all were in Favor.
- Open Book is set for May 14, 2018, 5-7 pm @ the Emmet Town Hall.
- Board of Review is set for May 30, 2018 5-7pm @ the Emmet Town Hall.
- The Town of Shields Roadside Clean Up will be held at the Transfer Site on April 21, 2018. See Fr. Anthony Good for garbage bags, cookies and a water bottle.
- Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 @ pm at the Emmet Town Hall. All are invited to attend.
- Public Comment-none.
- Next month’s meeting date; May 14, 2018 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Johnson called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:35pm and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk