Board Meeting September 10, 2018 7pm Emmet Town Hall
Posted: September 5, 2018
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Treasurers Report
- Pay Monthly Bills
- Waterloo & Watertown Rural Fire Dept. monthly reports.
- Old Business
- ATV/UTV Ordinance and Discussion
- New Business
- Public Comment
- Next month’s meeting date October 8, 2018, 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Board Meeting August 13, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
The Board meeting was called to order at 7:01pm by Chairman Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Long to accept the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
The monthly bills were read by Chairman Jones, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried.
- The 2018 fall Town and Village Workshop will be attended by Clerk Susan Johnson.
- The Watertown Rural and Waterloo fire reports for the month of July had no runs to the Township.
- Chairman Jones and Supervisor Johnson attended the WTA’s Dodge County Unit meeting on July 18, 2018 at the Administration Building in Juneau. Speakers were Carol Nawrocki, Assistant Director, WTA spoke on current legal hot topics. And Brian Field DC Highway Commissioner reviewed county highway services available to towns.
- Demographic Services Center sent the population estimate as of January 1, 2018. Town of Shields, Dodge County is 561.
- Old Business;
- The ATV/UTV Ordinance will be brought up a next month’s monthly board meeting for discussion. The public is welcome.
- New Business;
- DCLR & PD, sent notice of a Minor Land Division for Dennis Stilling Letric Farms. Dennis Stilling/Lectric Farms is looking to split off the hog barns for sale and enough area for turning around along with the pit that is on site. Activity number 2018-0460. Discussion took place with Mr. Stilling and the board. Supervisor Ron Johnson made a motion to accept the Minor Land Division request and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried. All were in favor.
- A Transportation Resolution was presented to the board and has been tabled until further notice.
- The Fall Primary Election will be held on August 14, 2018. Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
- Public Comment;
- Pot holes on North Wood Road were asked to be reviewed by a resident for future maintenance.
- Supervisor Bob Long will be resigning from the Town of Shields Board in October. Any interested parties who are interested in the Supervisor position please contact a Board member for further information.
- Next month’s meeting date; September 10, 2018 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Chairman Jones called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:02pm and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk