Board Meeting May 11, 2020 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Jones (by phone) Supervisor Peter McFarland, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil, Collen Jacobson-Scott Construction.
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Supervisor Johnson, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
3. The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
4. The monthly bills were read by Clerk Johnson; Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried.
a. Dodge County Land Resources and Parks Department sent notice of the approved Barn for McFarlandale Dairy LLC at N302 County Road K, Watertown. Noted by the board.
b. Local Government Center, Extension UW-Madison, Local Government “Essentials Distance Education Series” Spring-Summer 2020 programs were sent. Noted by the board.
a. The Watertown and Waterloo Fire Reports were not available at meeting time.
b. The Town of Shields Road Side Clean Up was held on April 25, 2020. The rain again washed us out this year. Even though it was rainy many residents continue to keep their ditches and roadsides looking great when the sunshine returns. Thank You for always pitching in.
7. Old Business-None to report.
8. New Business:
a. The Town of Shields advertised for Road Bids in April of 2020. Collen Jacobson from Scott Construction attended the board meeting. Supervisor Johnson opened the road bids in absence of Chairman Jones. Scott’s bid is as follows.
2020 Seal Coat Prices:
Option 1: One mile long by 20 feet wide using MSS (MAC-5) @350*F. with 140 tons of chips-$18,934.
Option 2: One mile long by 20 feet wide using MS5 (MAC-5) @350*F. with 120 tons of brown ash-$19,950.
2020 Asphaltic Cold Mix Paving and Wedging:
1-200 Tons= $135.50 per Ton, 201-500 Tons= $95.75 per Ton, 501-1,000 Tons= $82.50 per Ton, and 1,000 plus Tons= $76 per Ton. After questions and answers. Supervisor Johnson made a motion to accept the Scott Construction bid and do 2-3 miles of roads in the Town of Shields in 2020, Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion was carried all were in favor.
b. Open Book will be held on May 11, 2020 from 5-7pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
c. Board of Review will be held on May 28, 2020 from 5-7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
9. Miscellaneous-None to report.
10. Public Comment-None to report.
11. Next month’s meeting date; June 8, 2020 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor McFarland called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:13pm and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk Susan Johnson