Board Meeting March 14, 2022 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil, Christine Leischer, Dean & Kristie Kassube.
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Chairman Jones. Motion Carried.
3. The Treasurers Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Chairman Jones and to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
4. The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor McFarland made a motion to pay monthly bills and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried.
a. DCLR & PD sent an approved application for Dennis Stilling for a Ditch Cleanout. Noted by the board.
b. DCLR & PD sent an approved application for James & Erica Goehl for a concrete slab. Noted by the board.
a. Rural Fire Reports.
a. The Watertown Rural Fire Department for January 2022 was 1-Fire call, 4-EMS calls, no MVA & no HAZCON. The Waterloo Fire Department report was not available at meeting time.
b. The Izaak Walton League Chapter of Watertown applied for Temporary Class B Picnic Permits for their meet shots on April 24, May 15, June 12, July 17, August 21, September 18, October 16, 2022. Chairman Jones made a motion to accept the permits as written and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried, all were in favor.
7. Old Business-none to report.
8. New Business.
a. The yearly waste contract is due in April. Clerk Johnson reached out to Pellitteri Waste Disposal, Waste Management, GFL Environment Inc., John’s Disposal Service, Badgeland Disposal, Advanced Disposal, LRS and Veolia. Quotes came back from GFL Environmental Inc., LSR-Lakeshore Recycling Systems Service, Veolia and Waste Management of WI. After much discussion Chairman Jones made a motion to accept the
contract agreement from Waste Management, and Supervisor McFarland seconded motion carried. All were in favor.
a. Chairman Jones, Supervisor McFarland, Supervisor Johnson, and Clerk Johnson will meet at the Johnson’s for the 2022 District Virtual Meeting Board of Review meeting. The class is from 8:30am-12pm on Monday, March 28, 2022.
b. The Spring Election will be held on April 5, 2022, Polls OPEN at 7am and CLOSE at 8pm. If you have any questions give the clerk a call.
c. The Annual Roadside Clean Up will be held on April 23, 2022 at the Transfer Site. See Melody & Dale to sign up for a specific road you would like to pick up. Stop by to pick up trash bags. After you fill up your bags bring the trash back to the Transfer Site and grab a bottle of water and a cookie.
d. The Annual Meeting will be held on April 25, 2022 at 7pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
10. Public Comment-none to report.
11. Next month’s meeting date; April 11, 2022 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor McFarland called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:34pm and Chairman Jones seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson