Board Meeting December 12, 2022 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 7:04pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
3. The Treasurers Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
4. The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried.
5. Correspondence-None to report.
a. Watertown Rural Fire reports the Watertown Rural Fire Department for October 2022 were 0-Fire calls, 4-EMS calls, no MVA & no HAZCON. The Waterloo Fire Department report for November 2022 were not runs to the Town of Shields.
7. Old Business-None to report.
8. New Business.
a. The 2023 Watertown Fire Protection & EMS Agreement was presented by Chairman Jones.
The new contract will be the same as last year 2021-2022 contract, it is amended for one year.
Supervisor Johnson made a motion to accept the 2023 Fire Protection and EMS Agreement for a cost of $44,067.39 to the Township for one year, and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried. All were in favor.
a. The Caucus for the Town of Shields will be held following the monthly board meeting on January 9, 2023. If you would like your name to appear on the April 2023 ballot you must attend the Caucus.
10. Public Comment-None to report.
11. Next month’s meeting date; January 9, 2023, at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall. Chairman Jones called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:28pm and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson