Spring Roadside Cleanup
Saturday, April 22, 2023
9am – 11am
Meet at Transfer Site (Recycling Center)
• Pick up large garbage bags!
• Water Bottles & Cookies
• Bring filled garbage bags back to Transfer Site by closing, 2pm.
Board Meeting April 10, 2023 7pm Emmet Town Hall
Posted: April 6, 2023
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Treasurers Report
- Pay Monthly Bills
a. DCLR & PD Minor Land Division Letter of Intent
a. Watertown & Waterloo Fire Dept. monthly reports.
- Old Business
- New Business
a. Sign contract with “Catalis” for Assessment Record keeping.
b. Picnic Permits for Izaak Walton
c. Set up Road Review Date
a. Roadside Cleanup, Saturday April 22, 2023 @ Transfer Site
b. Annual Meeting, Tuesday, April 25, 2023 @ 7pm, Emmet Town Hall
c. Set Board of Review Day
- Public Comment,
- Next month’s meeting date May 8, 2023, 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Board Meeting March 13, 2023 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:06pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried.
- Correspondence-None to report.
a. The Watertown Rural Fire Department for January 2023 was 0-Fire, 1-EMS call, no MVA & no HAZCON calls. The Waterloo Fire Department report for February 2023 was 0-Fire, 0-EMS and no MVA & no HAZCON calls.
- Old Business.
a. The Town Board agreed to go with Waste Management for a one-year agreement. Chairman Jones made a motion to accept the Waste Management agreement for a one-year contract, Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried. All were in favor. Review of new haulers will be reviewed in August/September 2023.
- New Business.
a. Choosing a date for review of the town roads was laid over until next month.
a. The Spring Election will be held on April 4, 2023 at the Emmet Town Hall. Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm.
b. The Town of Shields Spring clean up will be held on April 22, 2023. Stop by the transfer site and pick up a garbage bag, bottle of water and a cookie. Thank You for keeping the Township looking so good!
- Public Comment-none to report.
- Next month’s meeting date; April 10, 2023 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Johnson called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:41pm and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson