Town of Shields
Dodge County, Wisconsin
Town Board July 10, 2023
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Supervisor Kyle Wollitz, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson.
The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Wollitz. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurer’s Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Supervisor Wollitz to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor McFarland made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Wollitz seconded. Motion Carried.
a. The Dodge County Unit Meeting will be held on July 19, 2023 at 7:30pm at the Dodge County Administration Building. Noted by the board.
b. DCLR & PD sent an approved Land Use Permit for Kyle Wollitz to build a new home at N1541 County Road K. Noted by the board.
a. The Watertown Rural Fire Reports are as follows: The Watertown Fire Department for May 2023 was 0-Fire call, 1-EMS calls, no MVA & no HAZCON. The Waterloo Fire Department report for June 2023 was no Fire, EMS, MVA, No HAZCON.
- Old Business-None to report
- New Business.
a. The Town of Shields board has updated by Resolution and Ordinance to Raise Doge License Tax for upcoming tax season 2023-2024 and going forward. The Resolution and Ordinance 2023-01 is attached. The new tax summary says, a Neutered or Spayed do will increase to $10 per dog every year and an Unneutered or Unspayed dog will increase to $20 per dog every year. Chairman Jones made a motion to accept the Resolution and Ordinance to Raise Dog License Tax 2023-01 and Supervisor McFarland seconded. All were in favor, 3-Aye, 0-Nay, 0-Abstain. Clerk Johnson will post and publish as required by state statues.
- Miscellaneous-None to report
- Public Comment-None to report
- Next month’s board meeting date; August 14, 2023 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
- Chairman Jones called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:35pm and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson