Board Meeting March 12, 2018 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Bob Long, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Treasurer Sue Nampel, Clerk Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil.
- The Board meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor Long. Motion Carried.
- The Treasurers Report was read by the Town Treasurer, on a motion by Supervisor Long to accept the report as read, and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
- The monthly bills were read by Clerk Johnson, Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor Long seconded. Motion Carried.
- Correspondences;The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin has an Application for the City of Harford Washington and Dodge Counties, Wisconsin, as an Electric Public Utility, for Authority to Adjust Electric Rates. Hearing Date February 1, 2018. Noted by the Board.
- UW-Extension is offering classes February thru May of 2018 for Local Land Use, Planning and Zoning will be the topics. Noted by the Board.
- Correspondence from “Scott Construction” letting the Town Board know, Don Bade is retiring on March 31, 2018 and will be working with Bob Bruha going forward. Noted by the Board.
- The City of Watertown sent a memo to inform members of the community that on December 19, 2017, the Watertown City Council adopted an ordinance amending the City of Watertown Comprehensive Plan. You may view the Comprehensive Pan as a PDF; http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/document .Noted by the Board.
- The State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue sent notice beginning February 2018 going thru April 2018. Staff appraisers will be working throughout Dodge County Reviewing the sales involves viewing the land and improvements from the road, taking pictures and in some cases talking with the buyers and sellers involved in each real estate transaction. Noted by the Board.
- Reports; Waterloo Fire Department Activity Report was not available at meeting time. The Watertown Rural Fire Department totals for 2017 were; 1-Fire, 15-EMS, 1-MVA and no HAZCON calls. In January 2018 there was 1-Fire and 1-EMS call.
- A Dodge County Unit of WTA was held on January 17, 2018. Chairman Jones attended the meeting and heard main speaker Jeff Delmore from Delmore Consulting regarding road condition evaluations, road inventories and roadwork bid letting, culvert evaluation etc. Chairman Jones thought the concept is good not sure if it is the right fit for the township at this time.
- Old Business; ATV/UTV Ordinance was discussed. Supervisor Long made a motion to mail out postcards to Township residents and publish in the Watertown Daily Paper a survey of residents opinions on allowing ATV’s and UTV’s to travel on township roads. Residents will be able to send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing response to the Clerk Town of Shields at N1662 Wood Road, Watertown, WI 53098. Responses will be listened to and read at the April 9th monthly board meeting held at 7pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
- New Business-None to report.
- Miscellaneous-None to report.
- Public Comment-None to report.
- Next month’s meeting date; March 12, 2018 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Long called for the meeting to be adjourned at 8:02pm and Supervisor Johnson seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Submitted by Clerk, Susan Johnson