Board Meeting February 14, 2022 7pm
Attendance: Chairman Neale Jones, Supervisor Peter McFarland, Supervisor Ron Johnson, Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson, Assessor P. Joseph Plasil, Randy Soldner, Mike Henneberry, Steven Yohn, Cindy & Bruce Williams, Todd & Kandice Blank, Chris Leischer, Steve Kaufeld Jay Blasé, Shannon O’Gorman.
1. The Board meeting was called to order at 7:01pm by Chairman Neale Jones, the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
2. The Minutes were reviewed by the Town Board, on a motion by Supervisor Johnson to accept the minutes as read, seconded by Supervisor McFarland. Motion Carried.
3. The Treasurers Report was read by the Clerk-Treasurer Johnson, on a motion by Supervisor McFarland to accept the report as read and seconded by Supervisor Johnson. Motion Carried.
4. The monthly bills were read by Clerk-Treasurer Johnson; Supervisor Johnson made a motion to pay monthly bills and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried.
5. Correspondence-None to report.
a. Waterloo Fire report for December 2021. There were no calls to the Town of Shields. In 2021, totals for the year are City of Waterloo, Township of Portland, mutual aid for Lake Mills, Watertown, Ixonia, Marshall was: EMS-386, Fire-55, Hazardous Conditions-19, False Alarms-28, Motor Vehicle Crash-9, Service Calls-41, Rescue Calls-0, Weather Related Calls-1. Total runs for Waterloo Fire Department 539.
b. Watertown Rural Fire Department report was not ready at meeting time. The decision of the Tender was to check into more pricing. Prices are unlikely to decrease, moving forward placing an order for a new pumper tender is probably likely to happen.
c. Dodge County Unit Meeting and Dodge County Broadband Assessment Study meeting, were attended by Chairman Jones. Both covered the Broadband Assessment Study. DCLR & PD members were in attendance to gather, information, questions and answers and how long will this take to implement. There is a study being put together to answer all these questions. It will take a long time for the infrastructure to be put in place and will be the most expensive part. More information will be coming.
d. A stop sign will be fixed @Barry and Long Roads, and an upside down signed on Walton @Long Road. Noted by board.
7. Old Business.
a. ATV/UTV Ordinance was read aloud by Supervisor Johnson. Chairman Jones asked for any question to be addressed. There were none. Supervisor Johnson maid a motion to accept Ordinance 2022-03 All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and Utility-Terrain Vehicle (UTV) Routes on all Highway roads in the Town of Shields, and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried, all were in favor. No one opposed, No one abstained. Clerk will post and publish ordinance and mail copies.
8. New Business-None to report.
9. Miscellaneous-None to report.
10. Public Comment-
a. Steve Kauffeld stood and asked for support in the upcoming April 5th Spring Election. He is running for Dodge County Supervisor District 20, serving Town of Shields, Portland, Elba & Lowell. His bullet points are; Protect our Bill of Rights and Constitution, Pro Law Enforcement, Advocate for Smaller More Efficient County Government, Pro Traditional Family Values, Christian Principles, Support our Farming Communities, Protect our Small Businesses, Will Oppose unjust/Illegal Edicts, Opinions, Mandates. Any Questions his email is: firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-285-6810.
b. Chris Leischer asked if there was any new news on what is happening with HWY Q. There has been articles in the paper about DC roads due for repair. At meeting time no definite decision has been made.
11. Next month’s meeting date; March 14, 2022 at 7 pm at the Emmet Town Hall.
Supervisor Johnson called for the meeting to be adjourned at 7:39pm and Supervisor McFarland seconded. Motion Carried Meeting Adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted by Clerk-Treasurer Susan Johnson